search this blog

5.26.2012

rope bowl

This project was one of those "I've got to make this right now" type of things. I saw it online...got really excited...bought the supplies...and made a bunch of them. These rope bowls are fun, easy (I did it while watching tv) and they make great gifts!


__________________________________________

Here's what you'll need to make your own:


Hot glue gun
flat work surface
rope (I used 1/4" Manilla & Sisal)
__________________________________________


[1] Start your rope bowl by tightly coiling your rope together.
Glue every 1/2 inch or so. Continue coiling until your base is the size you want it.


[2] To build up your walls, glue your rope on top of your last coil row.
Continue around and around until you reach your desired bowl height.



[3] The bowl I made for my mom has a handle, so if you'd like to add a handle simply backtrack your rope a few times (leaving a 3 - 4 inch gap). Once your handle is the height you'd like it, continue layering your rope all the way around as you did before. 

Pretty simple, right?


[4] When you're ready to finish your bowl, bring your rope to the inside and wrap 2 to 3 rows to sturdy the top. Cut rope and glue down the cut edge as best as possible.


I made one for our keys... one for my mom... and another, just because I'm obsessed:










1 comment:

  1. love this ! with one handle it looks like you could have hanging storage :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...