search this blog

1.12.2013

twiggy frame


I've had this picture frame for years and for the past 6 months it's been in the "yard sale" pile that we meant to get around to this Fall and never did (oh well - we'll have to wait until Spring now). I got the itch to transform something for our bedroom and my eyes landed on this frame. It was perfect.
picture frame before
I started by dissembling it: I removed the glass & unscrewed the hooks. Next, I gave it a few coats of textured spray paint (I went with the color on the right). In between coats of spray paint, I gathered up some branches from the yard. We have a little pile in the back that we need to get rid of so I rummaged through there to find some good twigs.

After the frame was painted and fully dried, I hot glued a select few branches to the frame to give it a little added texture and dimension (plus...we love trees)! I'm glad I saved this frame from the yard sale pile...it has made a great addition to our bedroom (along side some of our quote art).



Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

1 comment:

  1. How cute is that! I love the concept and the color you chose. Thanks so much for linking up at Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...