*** NOTE: I had a bunch of old pillows on hand, so I made my cover to fit a 16" pillow form ***
 I really didn't know what would be the best size block to make, so I decided that a 3" block sounded good. To get a 3" block (using 1/4" seam allowance) I cut 1 3/4" strips of both fabrics. I then sewed the 2 fabrics together to get long strips. I then pressed my seems flat.
 Once I had about 7 or 8 strips sewed, I started cutting them into the 3" blocks. As I cut them, I laid them out into my chevron pattern. I did this by turning each square about a quarter turn from the ones adjacent to it.
 Once I had enough squares, I started sewing them together. I started by sewing the squares in each diagonal row together end on end. Once all of my rows were sewn together, I started sewing the long rows together. I worked block by block until everything was connected. It helped to have all of my blocks laid out in the correct pattern - that way, I could just pick up the next one in line. It helped to cut out any confusion.
 Once everything was sewn together, ironed everything nice and flat and cut off the extra points on all sides of my fabric to get nice straight edges. You want to end with a piece of fabric that is 1" bigger than your pillow form. In my case, my chevron front was about 17" (for a 16" finished pillow).
 After the front was assembled, the rest was a piece of cake. I sewed my zipped pillow cover (using a full piece of my grey fabric for the back) and admired my new pillow:
Now I need to decide where this new pillow is going to live...