search this blog

7.09.2013

yearly cards


I am the person that is always stopping at Walgreens or Target on the day of someone's birthday to pick up a card. Why do I do this to myself? In an effort to simplify my life, I am making a push to get more organized. Today, I'm sharing how I plan to reach my goal of never sending a "belated birthday card" ever again.

I was talking with my dear friend Molly the other day about how nice it would be to keep a few birthday, anniversary, sympathy (etc.) cards on hand for when I need them. She mentioned how great it would be to buy all of your cards for a year at once and have them ready for when you need them. HOW BRILLIANT! I started working on it immediately. I constructed a list of birthdays and anniversaries and then went out shopping.


 ... what I bought ...
1) an Avery mini binder (I couldn't resist the smaller size)
2) mini binder page protectors (pack of 15)
3) mini sticky notes (I usually have these on hand but I ran out)
4) a BUNCH of cards (mainly birthday & anniversary)

... making my card binder ...
I made individual labels for each month with the persons name & birthday on it. I stuck this sticky note to the bottom of each page protecter. I then labeled each card for who it was meant for and slid the cards into their monthly sleeves (this took up 12 of my 15 sleeves).


Next I made a sleeve for anniversary cards & sympathy cards. My final sleeve was used for niece/nephew birthday cards. These are also labeled with names and already have cash in them for when we go to their birthday parties. This will also eliminate a trip to the bank to get cash on the day of the party.

Once everything was organized, I made a little cover with my rubber stamps and a leftover paint swatch.


I slid my card binder into my "mail center" (the top right cubby of our Ikea Stall - which is meant for shoe storage) and did a little happy dance.


All in all, I'm feeling so organized already. I still have a few cards to pick up (since I'm stock piling cards for the rest of this year and all of next year). Here's hoping I'll never send another late card again!


Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

9 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from Ducks N A Row blog hop. I couldn't resist this post because I am always the one with a ton of cards laying around. I unfortunately always forget to send them. I hope I can find the time to try this because I think it's a great idea. http://thestickymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, I love this! I am definitely going to make me one :) Thanks for sharing you creativity.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. I bought a similar thing. listed everyones important dates, have the cards and promptly did nothing about it. Still get everyones birthdays etc late - or not at all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card maker in me is cringing at the thought of store bought cards lolololololol Great storage idea though! I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo great-an-idea! from fluster muster link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea. I really should do this. I am going to Pin it in the hopes of actually following through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great Idea, You are invited to share this Show Your Stuff:

    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2013/07/show-your-stuff-84.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute idea! I'm SO GLAD you shared this post at The Weekend re-Treat on The Best Blog Recipes!

    Hope you have a fantastic rest of your week Shannon!

    Shauna @ The Best Blog Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by to let you know I'll be featuring you tomorrow on Made in a Day! Thanks for linking up!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...