search this blog

3.13.2012

"it's a cinch" bag


Every once in a while I find something really great on Pinterest that gives me that excited/panicky/flustered feeling of “I have to make this right now!” When I saw this bag, I knew I needed one…like…right away.

When my mom was in town, we took a trip to Joann’s to pick up some fabric and a zipper and we got to work. It took us a few short sewing sessions to finish and I love how it turned out. Plus, it was a nice project to do with my mom because I only had to turn one of the drawstrings inside out after sewing it (she did the other – and believe me…that was the hardest part of this whole bag).

I followed the pattern pretty much step by step. The instructions were clear and helpful. I used a pretty patterned quilt-weight fabric for the exterior (as well as the interior pockets that I added on my own) and a black linen fabric for the straps, draw strings and interior lining.


Find the bag pattern HERE.
Find the zippered lining tutorial HERE.



Here are a few reasons you should make your own bag:

1.     it’s really cute.
2.     this could help cure zipper phobias.
3.     it’s a good excuse to buy really pretty fabric.
4.     it's a great project to do with your mom (or by yourself).
5.     it will help you “stop pinning and start doing” (AKA YHL’s Pinterest Challenge).
6.     you can never have enough bags J


Have fun!

5 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I bet it's coming in handy, too. Don't you just love pretty and functional projects? :-) Great job, and thanks for linking up with the Winter Pinterest Challenge!

    Erin @ The Great Indoors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the message Erin!
    I absolutely love the bag and it's prettiness/functionality :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to make the same exact bag. I hope you'll share this at our August Pinterest Challenge that starts August 6

    www.pinterestchallenge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! I've marked my calendar and plan on sharing in your Pinterest challenge. This is a great bag - I love it because it's cute and versatile.

      Delete
  4. I can see why this was picked as a favorite! Thanks for linking up to my Best of 2012 Party! Diana

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...