Every once in a while I find something really great on Pinterest that gives me that excited/panicky/flustered feeling of “I have to make this right now!” When I saw this bag, I knew I needed one…like…right away.
When my mom was in town, we took a trip to Joann’s to pick up some fabric and a zipper and we got to work. It took us a few short sewing sessions to finish and I love how it turned out. Plus, it was a nice project to do with my mom because I only had to turn one of the drawstrings inside out after sewing it (she did the other – and believe me…that was the hardest part of this whole bag).
I followed the pattern pretty much step by step. The instructions were clear and helpful. I used a pretty patterned quilt-weight fabric for the exterior (as well as the interior pockets that I added on my own) and a black linen fabric for the straps, draw strings and interior lining.
Find the bag pattern HERE.
Find the zippered lining tutorial HERE.
Here are a few reasons you should make your own bag:
1. it’s really cute.
2. this could help cure zipper phobias.
3. it’s a good excuse to buy really pretty fabric.
4. it's a great project to do with your mom (or by yourself).
5. it will help you “stop pinning and start doing” (AKA YHL’s Pinterest Challenge).
6. you can never have enough bags J