search this blog

1.16.2013

yarn wrapped wire signs


I've been into "wrapping" since Christmas... [check out these glittery chord wrapped ornaments]...but this "wrapping" is a little different: it includes yarn and electrical wire!?

Adam had some extra electrical wire laying around so I decided to "borrow" it and making something crafty for my mom for Christmas. She loves to sew, quilt & embroider so I thought a little <3SEW sign would be perfect for her craft room.

I started by twisting and bending the electrical wire into <3-S-E-W. After it was the way I wanted it, I simply wrapped the entire thing in yarn. This took a lot of time and patience but I think it was definitely worth it!


I loved the idea of giving a personalized gift and this fun, yarn-wrapped wire sign was perfect for my mom's craft room!

Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

9 comments:

  1. I was looking into making some writing with wire. It's definately on my to do list. Bet your mum really likes the sign you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I have wire and embroidery thread, maybe I'll be able to do something with that! :) Thanks for linking up to the Craft Yourself Crazy link party!

    Chloe
    http://rainbowsandhoneysuckle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is sew cute :)
    love it!

    Stopping by from the GYB blog hop!

    Trish @ Tales from ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is darling! I have to pin it!!

    --Elena
    acasarella.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew cool! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This amazingness will be featured today on Smart School House for Whimsy Wednesday! You are awesome! Can’t wait to see what you’re brining to the party today.

    Hearts & Hugs,
    Kelly at Smart School House
    http://www.facebook.com/SmartSchoolHouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, shannon! I saw it this morning on G+ too in addition to the link party! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...