search this blog

5.06.2012

paint swatch notebooks


I have a lot of paint swatches around (from numerous projects) and I decided that I either needed to 1) throw them away or 2) do something with them. So of course... I found a something to do with them. I saw these little paint swatch note books and thought they were a fun, functional idea.


___________________________________________________________

Here is what you'll need to make your own:


paint swatches
ruler
stapler
exacto knife
cutting mat
scissors and/or paper cutter
paper for the insides (I used plain and graph)

___________________________________________________________


[1] start by trimming off the round corners of your paint swatch 
note: if your paint swatch is squared off already, then skip this step!


[2] measure 1/2" down from one edge a score with your exacto blade 
(make sure not to cut all the way through your swatch - this will help make a nice fold)



[3] fold the opposite end of the paint swatch toward your previous fold.
make sure it overlaps just a little amount - this will be how your notebook stays closed.


[4] Measure your notebook. Mine was about 3"x3". 
Based on this, I cut my inside paper to 2-3/4" x 2-3/4".
Staple about 15-20 sheets under the first flap you made.



[5] Don't try to put more than 15-20 sheets of paper... or else you might end up with this:

ooops...

[6] you're done! now make a bunch for your friends!
...and one for your purse, your desk, your car.... you get the idea...















2 comments:

  1. Malaysia & Singapore & brunei finest on the internet blogshop for
    wholesale & quantity korean accessories, accessories,
    earstuds, pendant, rings, hair, bracelet & bracelet accessories.
    Deal 35 % wholesale markdown. Ship Worldwide
    Visit my weblog ; Orthostatic Intolerance

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from this site, and your views are nice for new visitors.
    Stop by my blog :: Satellite Dreambox

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...