search this blog

7.02.2012

happy 4th!

I didn't do a very good job of planning ahead this year...so I thought I'd share a few last minute easy 4th of July treats that you can make in a pinch for any kind of gathering. Here goes:

TRIX KRISPY TREATS
adapted from Cravings of a Lunatic


_______________________________________

What you'll need:

1 box of Trix cereal (about 13 cups)
2 bags of mini marshmallows
1/4 cup butter

_______________________________________


[1] put the butter and marshmallows in a glass bowl and heat in the microwave (in 30 second increments) until melted and gooey. Mix together well.

[2] add the Trix cereal and thorough coat with marshmallow mixture.

[3] pour mixture into grease 9x13 pan and press down with a spoon. It's helpful to grease your spoon a little bit as well so your mixture doesn't stick when you're trying to press into pan.

[4] let sit for a few minutes to cool and cut into squares.

I sent these with my husband to a 4th of July lobster feed (that unfortunately I couldn't attend because of work) and he returned home with an empty tupperware container. They were a hit (and super easy to make)!





PATRIOTIC PRETZELS


_______________________________________

What you'll need:

white chocolate
a bag of pretzel rods
red & blue sprinkles

_______________________________________

I was recently at a women's cancer charity event called "Pink Out" and they had chocolate dipped pretzel rods on every table. They were easy to snack on and were so good! I figured I could use this same idea to make some festive 4th of July copy cats.

The recipe is pretty self explanatory, but here's what I did:

I broke my pretzels in half so they were more "bite size" and transfered 
my melted chocolate into a narrow cup for easy dipping.


I held my freshly dipped pretzel over a bowl and added sprinkles.


I placed them on wax paper to set up. Easy peasy! 
I'm taking these to a party on Wednesday so I hope everyone likes them.




Here are some other cute ideas that have been on my list to try:
(click on photo to link to original source)

[1] chocolate dipped strawberries
(I might have to make these to go along with my pretzels)!


[2] Individual parfaits


[3] 4th of July Jello


I hope this post has given you a few ideas of what to make for any picnics or parties you're attending on the 4th. You can't go wrong with something sweet and festive. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. YUM!!! Thanks for joining my link party :) Nice to "meet" you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! What a great idea to find new blogs and ideas :)

      Delete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...