search this blog

9.08.2012

cleaning ::sigh::

image source
Growing up, my grandparents told us they had a little man that lived in their basement named Mert who did all of their laundry. We would poke our little heads into the laundry shoot and yell "Is that you down there Mert?" Now that I have my own house (& laundry shoot) I, of course, have my own Mert. I'm disappointed to say - he doesn't do any laundry.
I work full time and LOVE to craft. Between those things, making time to clean & cook is almost painful. After my craft room looked like this the other day, I knew I needed something to get me motivated to clean/organize:
before
 Don't worry - it got what was coming to it:

after
This small amount of organization was the motivation that lead me to make a cleaning schedule. Nothing fancy - just something to keep me on track with the normal "house cleaning" chores. Plus it has little check boxes (I LOVE TO CHECK THINGS OFF MY LIST!)
Feel free to print out your own copy here or use this as an inspiration to make your own list tailored to your cleaning needs. I didn't put "laundry" on my list because Mert does it it's an on-going chore/done on an as-needed basis.
Happy cleaning! 
May it go quickly so you can do something more fun with your time...
Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I adore the story about your grandparent's little laundry man. Wish I had one of those in my house. :) I have also created a chore list I posted recently, but I appreciate yours because it helps me see what other moms do to keep their houses clean.

    Bonny @ thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment. I'll have to check out your chore list too. I'll send my Mert over to help you when he's done at my house :)

      Delete
  2. TFS!! Great story and list. Stopping by from Cherished Bliss' Craft & Tell linky party and your newest follower.

    Come on by my blog when you have a moment. Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/09/another-fur-baby-coat.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of Mert a lot better than what my great-aunt used to tell us about her laundry shoot. It involved a ghost. Freaked us out!
    I love the cleaning list. I've been trying to get one put together for myself. This might be a good starting point. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working on my own schedule of chores. I had one, but we have a new baby, so I'm getting into a new routine. I completely agree. check boxes are a must.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - check boxes make everything better :) Good luck and congratulations on the new baby!

      Delete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...