search this blog

9.13.2012

wedding art

Adam and  I just spent a fun weekend in Detroit celebrating the wedding of our good friends, Dan & Kelly. I wanted to make a sweet little gift for them, so I decided to do a spin off of my "quote art" and make them a little wedding memento for their home. 

Since art is such a personal thing, I decided to make them a small 6x6 picture with their last name and wedding date - I kept it simple and neutral. This project is fun and easy - plus, in the end you'll have a personalized gift for any occasion.

__________________________________________

Here's what you'll need to make your own:


wood board (found at a craft store or walmart)
exacto knife, pencil, ruler (optional)
small piece of fine grit sand paper
letter stickers
foam brush
acrylic paint

__________________________________________

It's as simple as this: arrange stickers on your board until you are happy with how they look. Use your ruler and pencil to lightly create straight lines to use as guides. Paint 2 thin layers of paint over your prepared board.


Patiently wait for the paint to dry and carefully peal off the stickers (I use an exacto blade to help get them started). After the stickers are removed, lightly sand the surface of your art for a smooth finish.

For more detailed instructions, check out this post.



Happy wedding day, Dan & Kelly!



Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

6 comments:

  1. I love how this came out. Stopping by from A Glimpse Inside linky party.

    Here is what I shared: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/09/another-fur-baby-coat.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that I'm following you! I love this idea. My brother is getting married in November so this is perfect. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! Have fun making your own - they make such nice personalized gifts.

      Delete
  3. I love the monochormatic look. I've had some similar ideas pinned for a while, but I think I like your variety best. Pinning this now!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...