search this blog

9.18.2012

::inexpensive:: gift wrapping

I love DIY projects that are cheap inexpensive. I realize that my hobby could get out of control expensive and I try to keep my project costs low. I'm the same with a lot of things in life, so I thought I'd share a cute, inexpensive way to spruce up your gift wrapping.

Now, I am no expert... I actually have a hard time wrapping anything that isn't square, so when it came to these oval gifts for my sister-in-law's baby shower, I did my best to "wrap pretty". To disguise my mediocre wrap job, I decided to add some decorations to my package.



[1] First, I gathered my normal wrapping supplies and wrapped my gift.
I also got some paint swatches, twine, double sided tape, craft glue and a circle punch.


[2] I started by wrapping my gift in twine - I chose to do a zigzag pattern.
Each time I went around I put a small piece of tape on the back to hold it in place.


[3] Next, using my circle punch, I punched circles out of my paint swatch.
Using a second swatch (the same colors) I cut a few bigger circles out with scissors.


[4] Then, I simply glued my circles onto my package!
(I found glue to be easier than tape)


MUCH cuter than when I started...
and most of the imperfections are now hidden.

Also, I added a small tag (since the color was called "baby boy blue" - how perfect!)



This little spruce up cost me nothing but I think it adds so much to the look of the gift.
Here are some more cute, inexpensive gift wrapping ideas:








Happy wrapping :)

Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]





7 comments:

  1. Cute idea and so smart to use the paint chips! Thanks for gathering the other ideas to. I'm going to be pinning away!

    P.S. I used your robot template and linked to your post about it in my post today. I'd love for you to check it out if you have a moment and thanks so much for the cute idea! (http://takingtimetocreate.blogspot.com/2012/09/cute-robot-card-birthday-card-for-boys.html)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet message! I LOVE your robot birthday card - it turned out so cute!!

      Delete
  2. What a good idea! Your package looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I love this idea, you are very creative :) Now following

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love new followers. Following you as well.

      Delete
  4. That looks so cute! I have done something similar before, but I really like your idea of using the paint chips!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...