search this blog

9.29.2012

halloween banner


I'm just now starting to get in the fall/Halloween spirit. It took me a while. Usually what happens is I get in the spirit about 2 days before any given holiday and then have no time to decorate. It's always too late at that point. Lately I've seen a lot of bunting on Pinterest so I decided that would be a great starting project. I'm seeing this little banner as a small victory in getting ready for Halloween early this year.

____________________________________________

Here is what you'll need to make your own:


scraps of fabric (I used linen)
letter stencils
pencil
fabric marker
twine
brads (not pictured)
pinking sheers

____________________________________________

This banner really was simple - I cut 14 linen triangles with my pinking rotary cutter (the triangles are about 2" on each side).


I stenciled "HAPPY HALLOWEEN" onto the triangles with a pencil and colored the letters in with the fabric marker.


I contemplated sewing them together but decided to stick them together with brads. I simply poked the brads through the linen and then strung up my new banner with some twine. Oh - and I drew some legs on the "O" to make it look like a spider. I couldn't help myself.



I'm so excited for October :)
Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use brats! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the natural look of this, such a great idea to use stencils. If you get a chance I would love for you to come link up at my Halloween Edition Pin Party.

    http://sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/10/pintastic-monday-halloween-edition.html#.UGnL4K4-WnA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm all linked up :) I've added your link party to my list of parties to visit every week - thanks for the invite. Did you see that I have a link party going on right now? Please stop by if you get a chance and share some projects:

      http://sewingbarefoot.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-weekly-creative-2.html

      Delete
  3. This is great! I LOVE what clean lines this project has...you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I am a big pennant girl so this one is just too fun! I like that you used a marker instead of paint which can get so messy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree... markers are much cleaner to use than paint :) That's what made with project to quick and easy.

      Delete
  5. Love the banner and I like the idea of markers over paint. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! Thanks so much for linking up to Do Something Crafty Friday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cute! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...