search this blog

12.01.2012

soup party

Recently, my cousin hosted a soup party. It was AMAZING! A bunch of friends got together, brought homemade soup, and ate until we couldn't eat anymore! Fall is the perfect time to host this type of party. It was a hit.


I made Curry Chicken Noodle soup. It is my favorite this time of year. Just a heads up - this recipe makes A LOT of soup. You could cut the recipe in half if you'd like, but I do it this way since I'm buying all of the ingredients anyway. I usually end up freezing half of it for another time.

Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
3 boxes (32 oz each) of chicken broth
1 bag of matchstix carrots
1 bag of classic coleslaw cabbage
2 boxes of sliced baby bella mushrooms (rinsed)
2 heads of broccoli (cut into chunks)
1 pack of celery (chopped)
2 large cans of chicken breast
1 palm full of yellow curry
salt & pepper to taste
1 bag of Little Barn homemade noodles (or other good quality noodles)

Start by putting 2 boxes (64 oz) of chicken broth into a medium to large pot. Turn your heat to about medium high. Add 1 bag of matchstix carrots & 1 bag of classic coleslaw cabbage.

Next, you'll add 2 packs of sliced baby bella mushrooms (thoroughly rinsed), 2 medium heads of broccoli (cut into small chunks) and some diced celery. I had some celery left over in my fridge (about 10-12 stalks). I would normally use close to a whole big pack.

Also, add 2 large cans of chicken breast (no need to drain). I'm a lazy cook, so feel free to add freshly cooked chicken if you prefer.


That's it for your major ingredients (aside from the noodles - which come later). Now it's time to season it! I put some salt & pepper (to taste) in next and a large palm full of yellow curry. You can add as much or as little curry as you like!


Cover and reduce heat to low and let your soup simmer for about 20-25 minutes (or until all of your veggies are tender).

Now, it's time for the noodles! This is important, because the noodles make the whole soup. Make sure to buy good quality noodles :) Continue to simmer until the noodles are tender. You might need to add more chicken broth at this point because the noodles suck up a lot of the broth. This is also a time where you can add more seasoning if you want to.


After my soup was done cooking, I transfered half of it into a crock pot and took it to my cousins for the soup party! She had little styrofoam cups for sampling and large styrofoam "to go" containers so everyone could take a little bit of their favorite soups home. She also had bread, crackers & anything else you might need when eating soup. 


There were 11 soups total and they were all delicious! I was happy to add a few new soup recipes into my recipe box. I definitely think we'll be having another soup party in the future.

Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

8 comments:

  1. This looks super yummy. My hubby loves curry, so I'll have to put this on the "to-try" list!

    You may have heard, but we are giving away a Silhouette Cameo and free ad space and would love for you to come link up and enter to win! Hope to see you there!

    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/giveaway-and-humble-brag-link-party-9/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for linking up last week at The Humble Brag!!
      The Silhouette Cameo giveaway is still going strong and you can get MORE ENTRIES by signing up for link party email reminders, sharing the giveaway on FB with your readers, and linking up again. Hope to see you there tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the idea of a soup party! What a great way to get people together with the warmth of soup! And thanks for sharing this recipe - look forward to giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!! What a fun party! And I love the picture of Matt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love soup! Thanks for the great recipe, and thanks for visiting me and commenting at OneCreativeMommy. I would love it if you shared some of your great ideas at OneCreativeMommy.com. The party is open Fri-Wed each week. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a soup party. I'll keep this in mind for a winter gathering. Nothing says cold weather like a big bowl of soup. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how yummmy...a soup party! I think I need to plan one myself!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sounds likes such a fun idea. The soup....we LOVE curry so we're gonna give that a go. I make a curried chicken salad in summer that you might like since you like curry....

    http://yarnigras.blogspot.com/2009/07/mmmmm-on-monday.html

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...