search this blog

10.31.2012

football onesie

My nephew plays football, so I thought it would be cute to make my niece a little football onesie (my sister in law made the skirt & headband...but you can find a similar tutorial here). I haven't gotten to see her in it yet, but my father-in-law sent me these cute pictures.
__________________________________________
Here's what you'll need to make your own:

a onesie (this one was 3-9 months)
some RIT dye
a bucket & hot water
piece of white felt
matching thread
needle or sewing machine
__________________________________________

I started by dying my onesie - it needed to be a nice "football" color brown. I used a bucket and followed the instructions on the box. Then I washed and dried it (actually...I made 2 in case I messed one up...)


Next, I cut my felt to resemble laces. I just eyeballed what size to make them and how they would fit best on the onesie. Piece by piece (starting with the long piece going down the middle) I machine stitched them to the onesie.


There you have it! A few easy steps and you have a cute, football onesie.
Also, before I go: Did you know that I was sharing some of my favorite finds under $10 over at Happy Go Lucky? If you have a minute, I'd love for you to check it out!
Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]
Don't forget that The Weekly Creative link party is still going on. Link up your projects here :)

18 comments:

  1. That's adorable! I bet she's the cutest cheerleader! My son had a hat just like that last year for winter and we got so many compliments on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet a hat would be really cute! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. So cute!!! Great job! Thanks for showing us how you did it! I'd love for you to share this at my link party Submarine Sunday. It's open until Friday @ 11:59pm. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://www.navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/10/submarine-sunday-4_27.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tonna! I'm all linked up and I've added you to my list of weekly parties :) Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. This is one of the most clever costume I've ever seen - especially with big brother holding her - absolutely adorable!! We are a big football family and one day I hope to have a little granddaughter after three boys and this would be precious to have 'Daddy' holding his little football girl! Loved it - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be adorable. There is nothing cuter than a daddy with his little girl :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Hi there. Looking forward to getting to know you and your blog. Found you at the Weekend Blog Hop. I'm # 12. Your newest follower! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found me. I'm your newest follower as well! :) Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. Hey, another new follower here found you throught he getting to know you weekend blog hop.
    That is the cutest outfit i have seen! I love it!
    x

    ( http://tottstittle.blogspot.co.uk/ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm your newest follower as well. I'm glad I linked up to the blog hop! Hope you have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  6. Omg how cute!! Found you through the getting to know you hop!
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  7. That onesie is adorable!! Love it! Thanks for linking up last week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks to me that your kids are enjoying their new football gear, I love that. I'm a sports fan myself and I like to dress up as well as my kids during superbowls and special sport moments. It's kind of my thing. Glad you see it the same way as I do. Nice onesie!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...