search this blog

10.13.2012

graveyard "dirt"


A few Halloweens ago, I made a graveyard "dirt" cake to take to a Halloween party. It was a big hit... complete with cool whip ghosts and milano cookie gravestones!


This year, I decided to scale back this idea and make individual "dirt" cups. They're simple, fun and easy to take on the go. Plus, they took all of 10 minutes to make...which is my kind of "cooking."

__________________________________________________________

Here is what you'll need to make your own:

Instant chocolate pudding (and ingredients on box)
8 - small (clear) plastic cups
cool whip
oreos
ghost "peeps"
candy corn/pumpkins
1 ziplock bag
rolling pin
__________________________________________________________

First, make the chocolate pudding by following the directions on the back of the box. Once mixed, pour pudding into individual cups and let set up in the refrigerator. I bought a small box of instant pudding so mine was set within 5 minutes.


Next, plop a layer of cool whip on top of your chocolate pudding. Place a handful of oreos in a ziplock bag and crunch them with a rolling pin until you get something that resembles dirt.  I used the minis because we can't be trusted with a whole bad of oreos in the house (plus, they're easier to crunch)! Sprinkle a generous layer of oreo dirt on top of your cool whip.


Decorate your dirt cups with ghost peeps, pumpkins & candy corn. If you're taking them on the go, place a second plastic cup on top and secure with tape.


Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

27 comments:

  1. When my kids were little, I used to make dirt cake for their birthday parties. Was always a big hit. I love your creative take on it. Both your graveyard cake and cups are fantastic! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. So cute and looks so yummy! Love it! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, I LOVE easy "cooking" :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. These are adorable and perfect for a party or to send with kids to school. If you get a chance I would love for you to come link up at my Pin Party.

    http://sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/10/pintastic-monday-link-party-13.html#.UHxR164-WnA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I see you beat me to it. Thanks for linking up!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for leaving a sweet comment. I have you on my list of weekly parties so I'll be a loyal linker :) Please stop by my link party to share some of your ideas!

      http://sewingbarefoot.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-weekly-creative-4.html

      Delete
  5. how cute ! they brought a smile to my face

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun! I love it.

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of making some of these cute and yummy Halloween cups. Thanks for sharing. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so simple & yummy - I've actually made them twice already in the past few weeks :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Super cute!! Thanks so much for linking up to Do Something Crafty Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by Vanessa! Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  9. Super cute idea! I've made them with gummy worms, but never ghost peeps. Making these with my kiddos next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - gummy worms are the best. I do like them more than peeps, but in this case the ghosts were cuter :) Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  10. So cute! I'll be featuring this tonight at Whimsy Wednesdays over at The NY Melrose Family. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in. I can't wait to see what you share tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Featuring YOU today! Thanks so much for linking up to {wow me} wednesday!

    Ginger @ GingerSnapCrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/10/take-look-at-you-my-favorites_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. it looks like it was fun to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were super fun (& easy to make). I've made them a couple times already this month... :)

      Delete
  13. I featured you today! Happy Halloween!
    Kim~madeinaday

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...