It was a great "catch all" place for cards and small gifts and at the end of the night it could be easily closed up and put in the car. We got married at an Industrial Museum, so the metal mailbox fit in perfectly in the space.
Although...we didn't just buy the mailbox for the wedding... We now use it at our house!
We bought our first house a few months before the wedding and the mailbox we inherited was in poor shape. After the wedding, we put our "card holder" to good use. I love that it was part of our special day and now serves a purpose in our everyday life.
Here are some other cute ideas I've found that would be perfect for a gift table at any party:
1. These cute doily letters spell out "gifts" - such a simple, lovely touch.
2. I love vintage suitcases and this adorable suitcase for cards.
3. LOVE the little burlap basket for cards and the little sign next to it.
4. What a cute banner for a bridal shower - it would be a fun DIY project.
5. I love how this adorable card box has the bride and grooms picture on it!
6. Another adorable old suitcase card holder - and I love the "welcome" sign.
I hope you've gotten some ideas for cute gift table ideas if you're planning a wedding (or any party for that matter). I always say - the fun is in the details. People will remember some of the cute little touches you add more than you think :)