search this blog

2.26.2013

family yearbooks



About a year ago I started really organizing the pictures on my computer. They had gotten out of hand. I backed them up onto DVDs and decided it was time I did something with them. Young House Love gave me the idea of "yearbooks" and I'm so happy to have started this tradition.
I have been using MyPublisher. They make it really easy to insert your photos, arrange your pages & come back to your project anytime you want. I started my "2012 Yearbook" at the beginning of last year and added pictures to it throughout the year.


A few times throughout the year, they offer a "Free pages up to 100" offer. Over Valentine's Day they were offering this sale so I took advantage of it and ordered our 2012 book. With shipping, and a few upgrades, my total came to just about $60. For a whole years worth of pictures, that not too bad!

If you're going to use MyPublisher, I'd 100% recommend the "Lay Flat Page." It's a slight upgrade by worth every penny (especially if you have a 100 page book). They were also having a sale on this so that made it even better.

Knowing that all of our pictures are organized into our yearbooks makes my OCD heart very happy. I love having these photobooks to look through. I'm looking forward to our stack of yearbooks growing over the years.


[Just so you know, I was not paid to write this post. I just really love my yearbooks that I ordered through MyPublisher and wanted to share with you]


Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

9 comments:

  1. These are great! I reallly need to start doing this so that all our pictures don't just hang around on the hard drive. It would be great to have them around to look at without having to get on the computer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really nice way to put all your pictures into one year and make yearbooks! What a great idea! I can just picture in 20 years from now when you see all those nice books on the shelf and pulling them off to reminisce...how nice that will be!!

    ~ Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to do this!! Like, REALLY really. When life slows down. (ha!) :) Thanks so much for sharing at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for introducing me to this company. I used to make those crafty family albums, but they end up being so thick, time-consuming, and expensive. I am now five years behind, so I need to check out this site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! this looks like it could be better than shutterfly cause they make available a downloadable application to use vs. shutterfly's really SLOW interface to build a book. what size do you print? is that a 5 x 7 book?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea! We're planning a trip back to Alaska and this would be a great idea for all the pictures. Thanks for sharing.
    xoxo,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea!! I used mypublisher over christmas to make my husband a book of our son over the years, and he LOVED it... it's a heartwarming gift, to say the least!!

    Thanks, from your newest follower!
    Marianne from Sandling All Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool idea~ I have sooo many pics too... you should make a blog one!I guess that would be a ebook! Thanks for linking up!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely going to try this - my 18 year old always looks back through our photo albums. I was very organized until I started downloading everything online. This is a good way to pick the best and have them to look at. Keep in mind that when your kids are Srs in high school you need alot of good photos of their life journey for different events. Wonder if the paper is acid free?

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...