search this blog

2.01.2013

game day buffalo chicken dip


I am not much for the Superbowl (football, yelling...not my thing) - however, I love Superbowl FOOD (chili, dips, snacks)! Yum! My friend Jackie shared this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe with us this past summer and I was hooked. It is SUPER easy and is a crowd pleaser. She has adapted her recipe from this one. Here's what you'll need:

I only made half the recipe
Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 (10 oz) cans of chunk chicken, drained
2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup ranch dressing (
3/4 cup hot sauce (or as much as you can handle)
handful of shredded cheddar cheese
tortilla chips
celery (if you want)

(I will mention - Jackie doesn't normally measure her ingredients. She just whips it all together and goes off of taste so feel free to add more (or less) of anything to make it the way you want! She always adds more hot sauce and I like it with less cheese mixed in).

You can bake your dip it in the oven, make it on the stove, or heat it in the microwave. I've only ever made it in the microwave because it is the quickest. Here is my method:

after dumping all ingredients into a bowl
Combine the soften cream cheese, chicken, ranch & hot sauce in a microwavable bowl. Heat in 45 second increments (stirring after each time) until warm and well combined. Sprinkle in a small handful of cheese and stir until melted (cook for another 30 seconds if needed). 

mid-way through
Sprinkle a little more cheese on top and serve with tortilla chips. If you're feel healthy, have a few celery sticks ;) The original recipe calls for crackers - which I'm sure would be tasty - but I'm much more into chips.


Like I said, this super simple recipe is quick & easy to make is always a hit! That little chip on the right was a goner after I snapped a few pictures. Yum! 


Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

7 comments:

  1. Pinned it! This will be perfect for the guys, thanks! Stopping by from Pin Me.

    Love if you stop by Running Away? I'll Help You Pack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say I'm your newest follower, hope you follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorites!! (Really anything with Hot Sauce!) Thanks for sharing since I can now Pin it to my Recipes board for future refernce... :)

    ~ Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking this yummy Buffalo Chicken Dip to my weekend link party @The Weekend re-Treat. It looks so yummy and I'm with you... forget the cracker and break out the chips, lol!

    Thanks for sharing :) Hope to see you again next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo yum! How fun to make buffalo chicken into a dip! Thanks for sharing at Tasteful Tuesdays this week! Do you sew or know someone who does? I have a fabulous pattern sale (18 patterns for under $25) and giveaway going on right now.http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/02/sew-fab-e-pattern-sale-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY!! We are finally eating up the last of our Super Bowl party leftovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shannon, wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing it with us at Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...