search this blog

2.15.2013

silhouette art


About a month ago, my parents lost their (almost) 13 year old golden retriever/beagle mix. Who are we kidding...she was mostly beagle. Her personality made her a unique member of the household and she is missed terribly. All of us kids grew up with Rosie in the house and we have a lot of fond memories with her.

This picture truly represents her in the best way. It was taken a few years ago - she was sitting in the kitchen, on her butt, begging for someone to feed her. This picture is how I remember our sweet Rosie and I thought it would be the perfect picture to use to make a sweet silhouette memento for my parents.

_________________________________________
Here's what you'll need to make your own:
printed picture
scissors and/or exacto knife
black (or dark) paper
white (or light)paper
glue stick
pencil/color pencil for tracing
frame
_________________________________________
[STEP 1]
Print out a picture to the size you need. I just made a basic print from my computer. Carefully cut around the image with scissors or an exacto knife. Try to keep as much detail as you possibly can.

[STEP 2]
Trace the inverse of your image onto the black paper. Carefully cut out this image.


[STEP 3]
Glue your silhouette to a white background and put into a frame. After this step, your husband might think you bought it on Etsy.


[STEP 4]
Enjoy your new silhouette picture. This one got wrapped up and shipped to my parents for Valentine's Day.


Here are a few more pictures of our sweet Rosie dog:

Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

10 comments:

  1. What a sad time for you all but what a beautiful gift for your parents. I am sure that it will warm their hearts. So thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you lost him, but this is beautiful! And such a simple easy way to do a silhouette! Thanks for sharing! Totally pinning.

    I'm hosting an advertising giveaway and would love for you to enter! Go here for details: http://www.rainonatinroof.com/2013/02/free-advertising.html

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! I am going to do this with the profile of my daughter!! Thanks for sharing..pinned!
    Selene @ restorationbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love this! This would be a great addition for my gallery wall! I always love to find new ways of displaying pictures :)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Found ya via the linkup party for 30 handmade days

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting and pinning from Diana Rambles. What a sweet remembrance!

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thoughtful Valentine's Day gift! I need to do some silhouette art at my house

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about Rosie (I have a beagle, too--such sweeties!), but what a wonderful gift and a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea!! A good way to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh... SO CUTE! Love how Rosie is sitting in this picture and how cute it turned out as a silhouette. It's hard when you lose such a loved member of the family and I think this would be the perfect gift to make for someone.

    Thanks for sharing at last weekends link party @The Weekend re-Treat!

    Hope you'll join us again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...